Saturday, January 8, 2011

Manifesto

When I first walked through the doors of CVA on that first day I thought I had a solid image of what art was. I believed it was something that someone put lots of time and consideration into, that it was a something that would be preserved in history forever. But after taking Orientation to Art and Design I am beginning to question my beliefs. Art can be something as simple as someone taking a can of paint and dumping it on a wall and giving it a title.

I have always believed that art does not have to be beautiful, it can be highly offensive to some but speak to others. I personally love finding beauty in odd and ugly places.

I still have not made up my mind as to the career path I want to take but I believe that I will be leaning towards animation. I love 2D animation and it has been a huge influence in my life. I was raised with Disney and I know that the values of those movies has shaped who I am today and I want children of the next generation to be able to experience what I did. I want to create beautiful works of art that children and adults will watch in wonder, and forget that what they are seeing is drawn, just because it is that amazing. I want to create characters who will be remembered for years because of there personalities and the great adventures they go on.

I hope to one day accomplish my goals and further my skills and knowledge in art.

No comments:

Post a Comment