Saturday, December 4, 2010

Helvetica

SO.... Helvetica......

after watching the movie, I WAS SOOOOOOO CONFUSED ABOUT WHY IT WAS SUCH A BIG DEAL.

I personally think the idea of a font causing a war is ridiculous... but thinking about what the crazed woman said, it makes sense... it was what she saw when the world was experiencing such horrible things, it was just her connection with war, and seeing the font kind of brought her back to that dark time.

my initial thought "it's just a font" could be translated into my passion too, i feel fashion is often times disregarded as everyone wears clothing daily, well aside from nudists if we must get nit picky, so when i am confronted with someone asking me "why do you care so much?" or "that's a ridiculous price" i get offended because it means so much to me, and i care about clothing as it is my art, getting dressed up and looking nice makes me feel good... just like helvetica made its creators feel good. its just about passion and the idea that you can love something so much that it can start wars... maybe not world wars but indeed personal ones...

call it a "conflict of interests" if you will... but thinking back on the video, their passion makes much more sense than it did at first.

-N

No comments:

Post a Comment