Monday, December 13, 2010

a manifesto by aurora judith.

Manifesto: 
To me art is an array of things, i cant really put my finger on how to say it in an organized sentence or in this case a couple of well thought out paragraphs. For me its not limited to fine arts and design but expands much more to things such as styling, performance, and even things minimal or unnoticed such as a table setting.
Art can really be whatever you think it is or at least that is how I see it. I see art  that can be anything from man made pieces of simply found in nature through color, pattern and textures which was created completely by accident.  
I find art to be rather strange yet beautiful, it can be intentional or not. There is something magical about art, it doesn't always need something to back it up or an explanation, the beauty of art is that your imagination can make it whatever you want.  Art is your imagination at its finest, translating whats in your head outward. Your art doesn't have to mean anything to anyone but yourself, art is self standing. Art can be as personal or impersonal as you want it. With art, there are no limitations, It is something that very few people take advantage of. 
At this point I don't really have a plan with what i want to do with my life. Now, that isn't one hundred precent true i have many different plans with an array of art bases careers I just do not know what path i want to take. All i know is that i want to stick with what I love, art and design. 
For me art has always been something that i have respected and wanted to pursue. I do not know exactly what i will be doing over the next ten years but my love for art and design gives me some idea. 
When I was younger I wanted to be a ballerina, but really who didn't? Performance art is an important part of art for me. There is nothing more beautiful than a Russian ballerina floating across stage in her perfect Pointe shoes and full tutu. Ballet gave me the love of intricate costumes, music, exquisite set design, glitter and hairspray. The love of ballet has given me the love of all things girlie which is something that i think shows in what i create. 
I have always loved interior design and architecture. I like the idea of building a house from the outside in around a central theme. I like when design can all match together without necessarily being exactly the same. I think there is real art to house design and decoration and finding the perfect medium between over design and not enough. I love looking at a well designed and furnished I think its fun to take a focal point for a house and see how it revolves and all pulls together. I like color and textile a lot, i am excited to move into color theory in school.
Fine arts is another component of art that is important to me. I love photography  and capturing a moment forever. I love painting a lot, i like mixing colors and translating my mind out onto canvas. Its fun to create something out of nothing and make it into anything that you want. Art gives you the ability to take nothing and make it into something wonderful. 
I also have a fascination with galleries and museums. I think that art history is wonderful and would love to be a currator at some place such as the MOMA, the Louvre, or the MET. I think i would also like to own my own upscale modern art gallery which sells all mediums of art.
As you can see i love all kinds of art from words to colors, but what i love most is clothes. I love how you can pair outfits with accessories to create a perfect look, the way you dress is your own very personal artist statement. Fashion has always been something that i have loved and noticed and i think it is one of the most advanced ways of art there is, maybe it is because not everyone realizes it. Clothes, earrings, shoes, and bags, the options are never ending. I think that styling is a big part of art, stylists like Rachel Zoe makes beautiful outfits that are runway ready complete. This is not something that is necessarily easy to do. I would love to work in this field just not necessarily as a designer. I would love to work in the fashion business industry or behind the scenes with runway production or product development. I would also love to work with textile design. There are so many career choices within the fashion industry. I just need to find the perfect one for me.
This blog was helpful for me to get all my end of semester thoughts worked out and reminded me why i chose art and design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment