Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Artist of your choice

The one artist that was my inspiration throughout my last senior year in highschool was Takashi Murakami. He is a japanase pop artist and the piece that had a big influence on my work was his Kaikai series. I am going to talk about his piece titled., “Tan Tan Bo.” No matter how he uses color and the contrast in his work, this piece is t

he only one that I remember besides the kaikai series, it has a lot of dark colors and it pretty much protray the modern japanese culture of their pop art. I am fond of his work because he

wants to make a point about modern japanese art and to do that he has this theory about making art “flat” which is like a two-dimensional piece.





Takashi Murakami, "Kaikai and Kiki" (picture to right)

Takashi's work are an essential to get his messge out in the world that otaku just isn't about being into a subject of a

n anime fan but he sees it as a way of art form and that is something he could achieve, at least it was his goal when he started his work. What makes me like his art is the way he not only

make animate characters as an icon but he let’s his veiwer’s wonder about his piece like why his character have three eyes like the kaikai character.








Takashi Murakami, "Tan Tan Bo, 2001" (picture above)



No comments:

Post a Comment