Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Girl In Mirror by Picasso









































Picasso's Girl In Mirror, Boisgeloup, March 1932, this is basically the reason why I have chosen to further my education for a career in Art. In elementary school, we had an art history lesson before were to create something for art class. In the third grade our art teacher showed us a slide on cubism mainly focusing in Picasso. This image was also used in her slide show. With this, I was instantly fascinated by how he used color and shape to create to sides of this woman. I also feel complete that I was able to see this painting in the MoMA, in New York, New York. It's just simply AMAZING.

The image was reposted from, http://hellaheaven-ana.blogspot.com/2009/06/women-and-mirrors-degas-kirchner-and.html

No comments:

Post a Comment