Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Betsey Johnson: My Idol: Fashion Designer

Betsey Johnson prom dress actual.preview.jpg Betsey Johnson prom dress sketch.preview.jpg
I found these pictures here!

In 2007, Betsey Johnson created a collection of prom dresses that were totally inspired by the 1980's. It was called Prom Queen, and it was awesome. If you do not know anything about this collection, or anything about Betsey Johnson for that matter, I really think that you should take a few minutes to check some of her stuff out! A good place to start is her website.

Why should you care? Well, you don’t have to, but I do. I was actually really inspired by this collection. Sometimes I feel like I was born in the wrong decade. I would have loved to live in the 1980’s; I would wear tutu dresses and tease my hair really big every single day. I also love that in everything she does, she’s fearless. I really admire that in a designer, and hope to be that way myself. So, you can’t say I didn’t warn you!

No comments:

Post a Comment