Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Field and Storm, 2004, Oil on linen, 74" x 95"


April Gornik 
got her BFA from the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design, Nova Scotia, Canada, in 1976.

She wrote, “I am an artist that values, above all, the ability of art to move me emotionally and psychically. I make art that makes me question, that derives its power from being vulnerable to interpretation, that is intuitive, that is beautiful.”

This reminds me of all my instructors and art teacher’s I have or had.

She has work in many museums in New York and in Washington, DC.

The artwork I have decided to post here is Field and Storm, it reminds me of home. I come from the country and being here in St. Paul makes me miss home and the country. I think she did a good job at showing the dark sky and the brighter colors of the field. I value artwork that has the country scene or feeling.

http://www.aprilgornik.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment