Sunday, October 17, 2010

Before the Sun

The first thing I notice as I entered the room was that it was dark. My thought was, why are there no lights on. I walked around wondering what it was that I was supposed to be looking at. Then I noticed a tiny video projected to the corner. At first I didn’t really know what to think, I was confused. Then I looked around some more, I noticed the other tiny video projected in the opposite corner. It took a while to put it all together in my head, but I was still confused. I noticed the big platform and the projectors. It was beginning to make sense to me now: The title, Before the Sun, the dark room, and the two projectors. It was like that “light turned on” moment. After standing there for a little while, watching both videos, it became very clear what it was all about: The video in one corner showed the sunset, and the other one showed the sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment