Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Three Pieces- Kacie Nelson

This piece is called “Cocktails on Carpet”
by Martin Parr in 2005.

These Three pieces, in my eyes, work extremely well together. Not only are they all depictions of people, but they seem to make me feel thoughtful and interested. In the pieces by Andy Worhol and Chuck Close, pensive is the word that comes to my mind when studying the two, and having them next to one another works well because of this. The third piece by Martin Parr also ties in nicely because, although it's not a portrait, it is very intriguing just as the other art works. As a whole the three pieces fill me with questions, in the best way. I can't help but to wonder who and how these people relate yet I never feel the need to question if they are related.

No comments:

Post a Comment