Creative ideas inspired by Biomimicry (In class discussion)
10/26/10 – Group C
• Treadmill energy - pay people to work out to create energy and create more jobs &
Improve personal healthcare,
Give a break at work,
Cut down obesity.
• Bioluminescent body modification. - Glow in the dark tattoos, - only appear in the dark.
• Turning your house into a green house - light powered b grass - and streetlights powered by grass. -
• Grass carpet.
What about bugs?
Birds in the house.
Live inside an eco-dome?
• Societal lucid dreaming to work on our creativity. - Advancements as a society. Emphasis on creative thought as a culture.
• Expanding solar power on electronics
• Instead of sheet metal - minimal wind resistant - and a membrane
• Mail owls
• People that talk to plants all day.
• Grow plants on buildings
• Incorporate trees into our architecture "Tree Houses"
• Butterfly pants (doesn't fade)
•Lotus leaf cleaning surfaces)(exterior paint)
• Incorporate electrically - microorganisms that hold electrical charge - like the electric eel- rather than turbines that require energy to run.
• Bike powered house
• How we build computers:
Chitin for water proofing - cooling the computer with a water collecting system.
Replace with a chitin shell - a growing shell that heals itself with the butterfly color
• As the computer surface gets exposed to CO2 - it strengthens it like coral.
• Car's and bikes with a filter system (like a gill) - that would actually clean the air as it dives "Solving problems and getting places" - Jake
Looking at a species and solving a problem:
Spider thread - how can we make stronger materials?
Paper - wasps
(Like an octopus - changing before you)
For example: we looked at the Rabbit
-Fast and quite
-Poop a lot
Fur is warm and soft
We can make some sort of pill from its libido source from rabbits.
* A pill that solves the libido problem, rather than a short-term solution.
* Constipation solution - they eat a lot of fiber.
• Rotating satellites based on sound -
Autistic ids - they hear everything - some sort of rabbit ear focus on sound
Whiptail Lizards à parthenogenesis
Problems that could be solved by biomimicry: (In class discussion)
How we build computers:
Blindness - looking at subterranean species
Heating and cooling
Poorly fitting clothing
Tears in clothing
Shoes that form to you feet
Alternative to rubber heals
Looking body parts - regeneration
Surviving in space
Repairing from earthquakes - how to prevent class
100% recycled paper
Battery acid -