Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Walker Art Center:

Alec Soth, Mother and Daughter, Davenport, Iowa, 2002

chromogenic print

16168480.jpg

1) I see a daughter who has fallen down the same ugly path as her mother. I see mistakes and insecurity in their faces.

2) It sadly reminds me of an old friend who started to make bad choices and left her resembling this photograph.

3) The feelings this photograph raises in me is pity and concern.

4) A few questions that come to mind when I look at this piece is:

-How did you end up here?

-Where is your life going?

-Are you happy with your life?

5) The only thing I can synthesize from this photograph is Alec’s attempt to convey real life in different places of the country in his “From Here to There” collection of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment